Many times, productions are in a race to release a film before the release of an almost identical film. I will provide the years of the productions and the plot descriptions...you give me the films.Both movies
- 1998, 1998
- both were films that featured ensemble casts, both concerned a celestial body hitting the Earth, and both were major successes on a global scale
- Deep Impact (1998)
- Armageddon (1998)
1 - 1993, 1994
- both have main characters as preteen boys who find themselves thrust into pivotal roles in the Major League (starting pitcher and manager) in poorly-performing teams (the Chicago Cubs and the Minnesota Twins), and turning those franchises' fortunes around
2 - 1993, 1994
- both are dramatizations of the life of Wyatt Earp, his family, and their exploits in Tombstone, Arizona.
3 - 1989, 1989
- both are movies where a police officer gets a dog for a partner
4 - 1998, 1999
- both about people who spend their lives as a reality TV star
5 - 1998, 1998
- both are computer animated features with about a colony of ants under threat with an underdog ant becoming a hero
6 - 2005, 2006
- both are computer animated features featuring zoo animals escaping and navigating the terrain of New York City, and later being introduced to their natural habitat
7 - 2006, 2006
- both are period films about magicians in turn-of-the-century Europe
8 - 2006, 2007
- both are computer-animated films starring penguins
9 - 2005, 2006
- both are sci-fi films set in the future where most countries in the world are near-destroyed by natural disasters, riots and war. England has established a totalitarian regime that shields the country from outsiders. In both movies the society is portrayed as extremely racist and xenophobic. In both movies, the main characters are part of an underground movement.
10 - 1988, 1988, 1988, 1987, 1989
- all portray youngsters who reverse roles with, or as, older men (NOT FREAKY FRIDAY(1976))
CLICK HERE FOR ANSWERS!!
Email me if you have any category requests.
Click on COMMENTS to answer or to see other's answers.
For updates on trivia including new questions and answers, follow me on twitter.